Part I of confirmed cast members for AHS: Freak Show
Sarah Paulson, Jamie Brewer, Frances Conroy
Denis O’Hare, Angela Bassett, Gabourey Sidibe
Kathy Bates, Jessica Lange, Evan Peters
Hopefully the name order corresponds with the pictures; Tumblr has a tendency to mess this up for me.
First of all, let’s talk about Gotham. For it’s panel seven of the main cast members showed up along with Bruno Heller and Danny Cannon to divulge more on the upcoming series, including a screening for the pilot episode, which went down a storm with attendant on Saturday.
- When asked about combining the show with Constantine, Heller replied with a ‘never say never’ answer.
- Robin Lord Taylor admitting that he was “stepping into something amazing” in relation to playing Oswald Cobblepot.
- Jada Pinkett Smith enthused about working with Danny Cannon in order to create her character, Fish Mooney.
- Heller talked about the DC origin stories being his favourite thing about the universe, notably the death of the Waynes.
- Geoff Johns described Camren Bicondova as a “little Michelle Pfeiffer”. To be fair, who hasn’t over the last several months.
- Johns also said of Robin Lord Taylor that he “has the most brilliant interpretation of the Penguin”.
- Another trailer for the series aired during the panel with clips for the second episode clearly added into the mix.
- Watch out for mentions of another famous city gangster and Arkham Asylum in the trailer.
Meanwhile when it comes to Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice …
Prior to Comic-Con a clearer image of Ben Affleck in his Batman costume was released and I have to admit, it looks a damn sight better than what we got back in May. Of course, this wasn’t the only reveal for the upcoming movie that we got during the weekend.
After months of waiting, we also finally got to see Gal Gadot in her Wonder Woman costume and to be fair, it’s a nice costume. It also however looks like she’s channelling Xena: Warrior Princess, which isn’t strictly a bad thing as such either. Along with several cast members at the event during the weekend, a trailer for Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice was released exclusive to attendant there. It will be a while before we get to see it no doubt.
Gotham Comic-Con Spoilers: http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/07/dc-comic-con-panel-spoilers-gotham.html
Gotham airs Mondays 8pm on FOX from September 22nd with a UK broadcaster yet to be announced while Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice will be released in cinemas from May 6th 2016.
True Blood Season 7: SDCC In the weeks to come preview.
With the cast in attendance and the panel on the Saturday of the weekend event, some interesting spoilers (including a viewing of the first episode, which went down a storm) emerged. These included …
- Discussion of The Flash/Arrow crossover event due to air later in the year. This does genuinely sound exciting. One of the crossover episodes will be called Flash Vs. Arrow.
- Grodd will be seen. The cage wasn’t there by mistake, according to producers.
- There’s a reason to why Mark Mardon isn’t the Weather Wizard in the opening episode. He is of course, Clyde but the producers teased that it would be a spoiler as to why.
- This will be a lighter show than parent series, Arrow.
- Two gay characters will be appearing in the series on a recurring basis. The first one has been revealed to be David Singh, who will be played by Patrick Sabongui. The second one will appear later in the season.
- Gustin mentioned the Rogues - Captain Cold and Reverse Flash appearing in the series but didn’t say anything we didn’t already know.
- Felicity will be showing up in Central City.
- Grant Gustin said of Barry, “He’s a very genuine character that I love playing. He’s easy to relate to because he’s so genuine.”
To be honest we didn’t get a whole lot of spoilers from the panel but the reception for the series does seem promising and I personally cannot wait for the crossover event with both Arrow and The Flash as well.
Comic-Con Trailer: http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/07/the-flash-comic-con-promo.html
Comic-Con Spoilers: http://speedforce.org/2014/07/dc-tv-panel-sdcc/#more-32829
The Flash airs Wednesdays at 8pm on the CW from October 8th. A UK broadcaster has yet to be confirmed.
Arrow Season 3 Comic Con Panel - Part 1 (x)